Tithing Online- incorrect history record

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kkhatch

Tithing Online- incorrect history record

Post by kkhatch »

I've been doing online tithing since this past summer, and I've checked my donation statement for the year, but it's missing quite a few payments that I've made. I checked with my bank and it shows those donations went through, but the statement on my lds account doesn't say the correct full amount. How do I get that fixed?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Tithing Online- incorrect history record

Post by lajackson »

kkhatch wrote:How do I get that fixed?
Sit down with your ward clerk and let him help you figure it out. I can think of a couple of quick scenarios:

+ You somehow have two different LDS Accounts and have donated using both of them.
+ Some of your donations were made by a spouse.

In the first case, your clerk should be able to help you contact the Global Service Center to combine the accounts.
In the second case, your clerk should be able to show you how to change settings so that you see donations made by each other and so that both names are on the statements you print.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kkhatch wrote:I've been doing online tithing since this past summer, and I've checked my donation statement for the year, but it's missing quite a few payments that I've made.
You didn't say which donations are missing. Because if you're talking about donations made by handing a envelope to a member of the bishopric, it's possible that the donations were not linked to your membership number (or perhaps, they were linked to your spouse's membership number).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shelbel9

Post by shelbel9 »

I have the same issue. I know my fast offering checks went through (I checked my bank) but they're not showing up on my donations online. Help!
shelbel9

Post by shelbel9 »

I figured it out! I use my name to donate online and I use my husbands name to donate fast offerings. I had never thought of that before until I read the post above. I wish we could combine spouses accts to see what they total up to.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shelbel9 wrote:I figured it out! I use my name to donate online and I use my husbands name to donate fast offerings. I had never thought of that before until I read the post above. I wish we could combine spouses accts to see what they total up to.
I don't know as you will see a total, but if your spouse follows the directions in Question 8 of the FAQs, you'll be able to see all the donations in one statement run from your account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
twopats1981

Post by twopats1981 »

Upon checking my donation history on your website, I found that my donations to my grandson, Darion Bishop's, mission was not recorded correctly for 2015. It shows I only donated for three months; whereas, I donated $4800 that year for the full twelve months. Please update my tax records for 2015 and send me a corrected copy so I can give it to my tax accountant for an adjustment in my taxes for the year 2015. Thank you very much,
Patricia Fitzgerald, member number [deleted].
Last edited by lajackson on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information deleted. This is a public forum.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

twopats1981 wrote:Upon checking my donation history on your website, I found that my donations to my grandson, Darion Bishop's, mission was not recorded correctly for 2015. It shows I only donated for three months; whereas, I donated $4800 that year for the full twelve months. Please update my tax records for 2015 and send me a corrected copy so I can give it to my tax accountant for an adjustment in my taxes for the year 2015.
Did you donate through the donation site, or by giving an envelope to the bishopric? If you donated by envelope, it's possible that not all of your donations are properly associated with your membership record number. Check with your ward clerk and have him see if all of those donations are tied to your membership record number.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

twopats1981 wrote:Upon checking my donation history on your website, I found that my donations to my grandson, Darion Bishop's, mission was not recorded correctly for 2015. It shows I only donated for three months; whereas, I donated $4800 that year for the full twelve months. Please update my tax records for 2015 and send me a corrected copy so I can give it to my tax accountant for an adjustment in my taxes for the year 2015.
No one here can do anything to correct this. You will need to work with your ward clerk to have this fixed.
allycakes

Post by allycakes »

Can I have my online tithing history deleted or be made private only to me and church headquarters... I have a very embarrassing situation where we had two returned checks and I'm hoping to keep the embarrassment to just me and my spouse.

Return to “Church Account”