New iPhone with Gospel library 4.0.1 - NO ANNOTATIONS SYNCING!

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
iron_e

New iPhone with Gospel library 4.0.1 - NO ANNOTATIONS SYNCING!

Post by iron_e »

Please help!

I have YEARS worth of tags, notes, and highlights in my gospel library. Yes, I have always been logged into my account and all of my annotations are saved as is shown when I log into my LDS account on LDS.org.

Just two days ago my wife and I got new phones, downloaded the new gospel library app and signed into our LDS accounts in our app. Both of us are having the same issue. In the "Settings" section of the library is says that the last sync was "Just Now" yet none of our annotations are there. None of our bookmarks. No tags or anything.

I've logged out of my account and logged back in and waited for the "Last Sync" status to update from "Syncing Annotations" to "Just Now" but nothing ever actually syncs.

Any help please?? We've both used the gospel library app to study daily for roughly 4 years now. That's four years worth of daily study that we definitely don't want to lose on our phones!
galorath

Re: New iPhone with Gospel library 4.0.1 - NO ANNOTATIONS SYNCING!

Post by galorath »

If you restore a pre gospel library 4.0 backup of your iphone hopefully it will get you back to version 3.4. I was fortunate my itunes never updates so i had an older version of gl there.
PS: During beta testing the version of gl did update my thousands of notes, tags and highlights (they are just not conventient in version4.. that is why i stuck with 3.4
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Where are you looking for your annotations (under Notes, or in a notebook, or in a chapter)? Did you give everything a few seconds to load after the sync completed? What do you see if you go to Notes > Recent?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
iron_e

Post by iron_e »

I don't see my annotations anywhere in any chapter in my gospel library. Going into the notes sections shows nothing. Basically it looks like I have a fresh gospel library that my account has never touched. That isn't the case if I look on LDS.prg however. Only in the app.

Also, yes, I did wait a few minutes for the "syncing annotations" after logging into my LDS account through the gospel library. After a few minutes, when it says it has completed syncing, there still isn't anything there.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

OK. I'd suggest using the in-app feedback (Settings > Send Feedback). This will compose an email to the support team, where you can describe the problem you're seeing. Emails sent through in-app feedback automatically include basic info about your device, which can be helpful to the support team.
keithbergman

Post by keithbergman »

I'm having the exact same problem, except that I have a new iPad. Updated to GL 4 as soon as it came out, and I still had all my highlighting, notes, underlining, etc. Backed up old iPad two days ago, restored to the new iPad, and all my apps, acct settings for various apps, etc., seem fine except for GL. I had to start over with the scriptures, manuals, and books. I've logged into my acct, but after two days my annotations have not come across.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Were you logged in for syncing on the old version of Gospel Library? Can you see your notes at LDS.org? If so, try sending in-app feedback to see if the iOS Gospel Library support team can help.
karamurri

Post by karamurri »

I just got a new iPhone today and I'm having the exact same problem. Logged in and out and back in. Restarted the app. Nothing. I synced my old phone earlier today. It's very frustrating.
karamurri

Post by karamurri »

Okay, I uninstalled the app completely and reinstalled and then signed in and it worked! So try that!
A101423808

Post by A101423808 »

I have the same problem. Got a new iPhone. No data synced despite restoring from backup. Deleted app. Reinstalled. Signed in. Everything synced. Fhew!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”