Problem setting up account for child

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
puttergenealogy

Problem setting up account for child

Post by puttergenealogy »

We have been having problems setting up our daughter's LDS.org account. Since she is under 18, we were supposed to get an email verification, but it never came through and subsequent "resend" requests never did, either. We've checked spam/junk folders and have never found anything. Is there any way to delete an account and start over?
sormsby

Re: Problem setting up account for child

Post by sormsby »

Same. I never received the text message for to verify my child's account.
celinich13

Post by celinich13 »

Wouldn't have made a difference, probably. I got the email for my son, put in the verification code and it immediately said: Invalid code.

So I clicked the 'authorize' link within the email and it also said: Invalid code.

Our friends at the church technology department are having a tough couple weeks. I've been nothing but frustrated and disappointed since their most recent LDS Gospel Library update.
marlabarlow

Post by marlabarlow »

I'm getting told my son's membership number is incorrect. I'm using LDS tools to get the membership number any clue why it's an issue???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

marlabarlow wrote:I'm getting told my son's membership number is incorrect. I'm using LDS tools to get the membership number any clue why it's an issue???
The usual message is that it's incorrect or in use on another account. At the login page, use the "Forgot username" and use the MRN option to find out what the username is.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
spestriana

Post by spestriana »

I have the same problem. t's not an issue of forgotten name. I cannot register my son. While trying to create an account it say that the MRN or birthdate doesn't match. And they are both correct on our membership print out and his temple recommend.

Return to “Church Account”