702i not connecting

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
farwest

702i not connecting

Post by farwest »

We just installed a Cisco 702i and it fires up green then it starts alternating between green, red and amber. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Whitt
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: 702i not connecting

Post by russellhltn »

It's phoning home to the mothership in SLC. It may take awhile. Especially if it has to update its firmware.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farwest

Post by farwest »

Thank you I told them to leave it hooked up for a while then see happens.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some relevant links: Setting Up 1041N and 702i Wireless Access Points

"Configuration often completes in less than 15 minutes but could take two hours or more."

Cycling through red, green, amber, and off: General warning; insufficient inline power
Cycling through green, red, and amber: Discovery/join process in progress
Rapidly cycling through red, green, and amber: Access point location command invoked
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I'm late on this conversation, but have the Global Service center check the router DHCP configuration. I had a WAP in one of my building that did that for like 2 weeks. I discovered that the DHCP setting was missing an important piece of information and once that information was put into the DHCP the WAP came flying right up.
farwest

Post by farwest »

Never would connect so FM brought another access point down and it fired up. Don't know what the issue was with the other one. But thanks for your response I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Whitt

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”