Cannot set up my mom's membership

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Adnelglees

Cannot set up my mom's membership

Post by Adnelglees »

My mom resides with me. I had to set her up with a membership log-in (to check her donations for tithe settlement, but cannot finish registration due to the phone no. Incorrect (it set our land line no. Instead of our mobile number ( she cannot use my email instead as it says email already being used by another member). So I cannot get the code sent to me to fill in to finish her registration--when I back up to previous page it just resend to our landline; we'll never get the code that way. So I cannot set up my mom's registration. How do I go in and change the original page asking for a MOBILE phone number?

I hope we can resolve this. We have tithe settlement today. Glenda Staecey
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot set up my mom's membership

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have a Gmail email address? If so, Gmail allows you to have "alias" email accounts by adding a plus (+) to the address. For example, if your email address is glenda@gmail.com, then you can also receive email that's sent to something like glenda+alias@gmail.com or glenda+mom@gmail.com. It will all go to the same inbox. However, LDS.org thinks they're different email addresses when you're setting up an account, so it doesn't give you the error about the email address already being in use. Unfortunately, Gmail is the only email provider I know that allows this (other email providers sometimes provide aliases, but they're not as quick and easy to use).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”