Go back to previous version

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
joeruecky

Go back to previous version

Post by joeruecky »

Singe the german bible and the seminary teacher manual is missing I Would like to reinstall the previous version of the App. Where can I Download the App? In the App Store Version history is no Link to previous versions of the App?
kelosh

Re: Go back to previous version

Post by kelosh »

I just accomplished this by deleting the app from my iPad and iPhone, connecting them to my iMac and syncing up to iTunes. Then I had to drag and drop the Gospel Library app that was on iTunes that had NOT been updated to 4.0 to the iPad/iPhone and sync again. Voila! Back to 3.4!

I was so relieved because I was going to have to start using my paper scriptures without all my notes because I would get angry at the changes every time I used the new library, an emotion that was unconducive to scripture study.
joeruecky

Post by joeruecky »

Thanks! Unfortuantely I do nötig Sync with iTunes, any other Suggestion?
galorath

Post by galorath »

May be possibly blue crm iCloud if you backed up there. Not sure. See if you can restore your phone from iCloud with the older gl. Again I would research in web first.
lesmeier

Post by lesmeier »

iTunes only has the new version. I need to restore the app on my IPad that I had a lot of notes on in the Book of Mormon. Please help!!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lesmeier wrote:iTunes only has the new version. I need to restore the app on my IPad that I had a lot of notes on in the Book of Mormon. Please help!!!
As long as you're signed in with your LDS Account, all of your notes and highlights should sync and appear in the new version. You can see if you're signed in under Settings.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
EdwinJanMoss

Post by EdwinJanMoss »

Whew. That worked for me too!

Thanks!

I participated in the Beta for this app and I really liked most of the new features. I was sad to see my notes... or rather not see my notes inline with the footnotes.

I was surprised to see the Beta period come and go so quickly. Occaissionally, I find myself in the minority of users. As in this case, my use of notes appears to be inconsistent with the future vision of this app. When an app has as many users as this app has, it is hard to please everyone. However, I am often left wondering when functionality, instead of slightly transformed, from the user's perspective, appears to be removed.

In the end, I have the app that works for me back! And as mentioned earlier in this thread, I am feeling feelings conducive to study again. :-)
akstucki

Post by akstucki »

Can we provide an option to maintain notes in the footnotes like before? It is tedious and not nearly as effective to have to individually click on each note as you incorporate this into your scripture study. How do we formally make these requests?
joeruecky

Post by joeruecky »

Is tehere anybody out there who can provide a download link of the previous version? I contacted for sure about 30 people but none of them has the app on the pc to share but mostly all of them are interested of going back, since there is no way to implement the bible anymore (Germany) and isn´t intented to do so either.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”