New gospel library audio reading broke

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jeffjardine

New gospel library audio reading broke

Post by jeffjardine »

The new gospel library app seems to be broke. Audio reading seems to only work in the scriptures. Can't seem to listen to lessons anymore. Am I missing something?
jeffjardine

Re: New gospel library audio reading broke

Post by jeffjardine »

Some books seem to work but only if you scroll to the top. Can't get anything in the primary lessons. My wife used that all the time.
nyork1

Post by nyork1 »

I'm having the same problem. I was listening to last conference (I listen to the Ensign magazine on the way to work) and ever since I've done the update it is not available for me to listen to while driving to work. I have not found a way to listen to the ensign ahead of time.

I can go to the General conference section and still listen to conference through there.

If I go to an older Ensign (like October) I have no issues and can listen to it. Not sure why it's not available anymore.

NOTE: I'm using an iPhone 6. Sounds like there is an issue with the app entirely since I have read Androids with the same problem.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is a content issue that affects both iOS and Android – several magazines and manuals are missing their audio. The content team is aware of it and working to add everything back in!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
nyork1

Post by nyork1 »

Thank you for the response. If there is a way I can help, let me know. I appreciate the efforts given to have this wonderful feature back.
kimberjepperson@yahoo.com

Post by kimberjepperson@yahoo.com »

I'm so glad this issue is being worked on. I rely on the audio readings of the Ensign articles and Gospel Doctrine Manuals so much and am lost without them! I was so sad to see that my latest update eliminated them.
nyork1

Post by nyork1 »

For any that helped resolve this issue - I hope you see this. Thank you so much for fixing this! I don't know about all the lessons but everything that I normally listen to (Ensign, Teachings of the Presidents) is up and running again. I looked at it again at the beginning of this week and was able to listen every day on my way to work. Thanks again! Happy New Year.
debsiebert

Re: New gospel library audio??

Post by debsiebert »

I'm a seminary teacher that relies on audio for the New Testament teaching manual. Where is the audio option in the new update??????
manderso51

Post by manderso51 »

I've noticed the same problem, although I notice that the audio earphones icon appears when I first open the app. If I quickly touch it, the play button appears. However usually I'm not fast enough and I have to close and reopen several times before I catch it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

manderso51 wrote:I've noticed the same problem, although I notice that the audio earphones icon appears when I first open the app. If I quickly touch it, the play button appears. However usually I'm not fast enough and I have to close and reopen several times before I catch it.
The audio button is visible whenever you're at the very top of the chapter (a chapter with audio available). If you scroll downward in the chapter, it will disappear. If you scroll back up to the top, it will reappear. It shouldn't disappear unless you scroll.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”