Out of Unit Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
gbryank

Out of Unit Records

Post by gbryank »

I am trying to figure out how I can pull someone's records who will be in our ward for several months so that we can give them a calling. Can they keep their record in their home ward and be in our ward too? We would like them to be able to access our ward on LDS Tools.
Biggles

Re: Out of Unit Records

Post by Biggles »

They could brought in to the ward as an Out of Unit member, then given a calling. They would certainly be able to access the Directory, but what other access they would have I'm not sure.

You will need their Full Name and MRN, to request a limited version of their record. Use the Manage Out of Unit option, under Membership, in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of Unit Records

Post by russellhltn »

gbryank wrote:I am trying to figure out how I can pull someone's records who will be in our ward for several months so that we can give them a calling. Can they keep their record in their home ward and be in our ward too? We would like them to be able to access our ward on LDS Tools.
A couple of issues: First, you say "several months". Handbook 1: 13.6.4, third paragraph could come into play.

Second factor is that Handbook 1:13.6, forth paragraph indicates that records have to be checked before issuing a calling. I'm not 100% sure that a out-of-unit record would satisfy that requirement. But I can't see why a phone call to the current ward wouldn't cover that base.

Last, keep in mind that as out out-of-unit member, they won't be able it HT/VT or even be assigned teachers.

I'd suggest it might be best to let the two bishops confer as to the best way to serve the member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”