Pink copy of temple recommends

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
joshbingham

Pink copy of temple recommends

Post by joshbingham »

How long should a ward keep the pink copy of the Temple Recommends from the TR binder? All I can find is vague language on the subject. Can anyone point to something more specific?
Josh Bingham
Ward Clerk - Palo Alto Foothills Ward (California)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Pink copy of temple recommends

Post by russellhltn »

Absent any better advice, I'd keep them until they expire.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I think the instructions in the book say to keep them for two years after the last recommend is issued, in other words, until they expire. (I have not seen an actual recommend book in a while.)

If a member loses a recommend that is still current, you will still have a record of when it was issued, the recommend number, and anything else you might need to get the lost recommend identified and replaced.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:and anything else you might need to get the lost recommend identified and replaced.
And the lost recommend cancelled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:And the lost recommend cancelled.
It would be better to mark the recommend Lost or Stolen rather than Cancelled, a small but important difference.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

joshbingham wrote:How long should a ward keep the pink copy of the Temple Recommends from the TR binder? All I can find is vague language on the subject. Can anyone point to something more specific?
The instructions in the front of the temple recommend book say that you should keep it until the last recommend issued from that book has expired.

Return to “Reports and Forms”