Login problems

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nerdian891

Login problems

Post by nerdian891 »

Ok so I just made an account on FamilySearch.org. I have already clicked on the confirmation link.

I try to go to sign in, and it tells me that I have the wrong username or password. Even though I just made it. So i go to "forgot my password", type in the username that I made, and it tells me that the username does not exist. So then I go to forgot my username, type in my email, the email then tells me the same username. I then copy paste the username into the forgot password link, and it still tells me that the username doesn't exist... please help
mmanfra

Re: Login problems

Post by mmanfra »

Hi,

I am having the same problem! Does it take awhile for the system to catch up? The forum recognized the username and password though... Thanks for any help that anyone here can give.
nerdian891

Post by nerdian891 »

Same, I signed in here no problem. I guess I'll wait a few hours or so.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mmanfra wrote:Does it take awhile for the system to catch up?
Yes. Some changes happen quite quickly, but there are some systems that communicate regularly but not instantly. So sometimes it takes an hour or two, and in rare cases a day, before all of the computers have coordinated their information.
mmanfra

Post by mmanfra »

lajackson wrote:
mmanfra wrote:Does it take awhile for the system to catch up?
Yes. Some changes happen quite quickly, but there are some systems that communicate regularly but not instantly. So sometimes it takes an hour or two, and in rare cases a day, before all of the computers have coordinated their information.

OK, thanks for the info!
nerdian891

Post by nerdian891 »

It's been 24hrs and still nope... :(
delmawululran

Post by delmawululran »

Really need help for my Bishop LDS Account . He forgot his username and password so we came in to my account to sent this message for help to recover for his LDS Account please. We really need it now for our endorsement. Thankyou
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

delmawululran wrote:Really need help for my Bishop LDS Account . He forgot his username and password so we came in to my account to sent this message for help to recover for his LDS Account please. We really need it now for our endorsement. Thankyou
I think he's going to have to call Local Unit Support. I doubt if the normal recovery methods will work for someone with a calling of Bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”