Updating my iPad while saving my notations

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
dlasmt

Updating my iPad while saving my notations

Post by dlasmt »

My icon and Gospel Library is a 2.5 version. I noticed on an email that there is a 4.0 version. When I tried to date to the 4.0 version, it did not, nor did a new icon show. I can access the 4.0 from the app screen, but not from anywhere else on the iPad. Also how do I save my notes and cross references from the 2.5 to the 4.0. Thank you in advance.
Linda
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Updating my iPad while saving my notations

Post by sbradshaw »

Hi! Gospel Library 2.5 and later versions of Gospel Library behave like two separate apps – meaning that if you install Gospel Library 4, it won't overwrite Gospel Library 2.5 on your home screen. There will be two separate icons. You might have to swipe left or right to another section of the home screen to see Gospel Library 4.

To transfer all of your notes and highlights, first make sure you are signed in with your LDS Account in Gospel Library 2.5. Then, open Gospel Library 4 and make sure you're signed in there. Signing in will allow your notes and highlights to sync with LDS.org and make sure that everything is copied over when you update.

After you're sure that your notes and highlights are correctly synced to Gospel Library 4, you can delete Gospel Library 2.5 from your iPad.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”