Add custom category to organization

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jamesrs

Add custom category to organization

Post by jamesrs »

I need to know how I can add a custom category to an organization.

I need to add "Enrichment committee" and those called under Relief Society. How can I do that?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Add custom category to organization

Post by jonesrk »

You can't create a custom category, but you can create custom callings. These callings would go well under the Meetings category
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What's the difference between an enrichment committee and a Relief Society meeting committee? There are already standard callings "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator" and "Relief Society Meeting Committee Member."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jamesrs wrote:I need to add "Enrichment committee" and those called under Relief Society. How can I do that?
The term "Enrichment" was dropped several years ago (see the notice of the new policy from March 2009). The official term is now "Relief Society Additional Meetings."
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aebrown wrote:
jamesrs wrote:I need to add "Enrichment committee" and those called under Relief Society. How can I do that?
The term "Enrichment" was dropped several years ago (see the notice of the new policy from March 2009). The official term is now "Relief Society Additional Meetings."
To be more specific, additional Relief Society meetings with a lowercase "a" and "m." They are simply Relief Society meetings that are additional. The Church has been making an effort in recent years to simplify and narrow down Church-specific vocabulary to make conversation with non-members, assimilation of new members, search engine optimization, and internationalization easier (for example, firesides are now always referred to as devotionals, etc.).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”