Gospel Library 4.0 for iOS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
HeidiSueT

Gospel Library 4.0 for iOS

Post by HeidiSueT »

Sorry for the newbie question or if I am missing something, but where did updating bookmarks go? I noticed that the Gospel Library for Android forum answered this question in a post, "you will probably notice that updating a bookmark is done using the bookmark's contextual menu." But does that apply to the iOS version too? Where is the contextual menu for bookmarks? I can see where I can drag to reorder them and where I can delete them. But how do I update them?

I used to long hold the bookmark and it would update. Now, I can't seem to find it. The only way I see it now is to create a new bookmark.
Thanks.
jroylance

Re: Gospel Library 4.0 for iOS

Post by jroylance »

Thank you for posting this, I've been trying for 10 minutes to update the bookmark. Can't figure it out.

I tried the refresh button. Instead of updating the book mark I clicked on it updated a totally different bookmark. A little buggy.
schlagk

Re: Updating bookmarks

Post by schlagk »

Yep, same here. Here's the scenario.

I have a bookmark called Daily. It's on 2 Nephi 30.

I read the chapter.

I now want to change the bookmark to 2 Nephi 31.

In the past I would tap and hold the bookmark in the bookmark menu and it would update.

Now, I can't seem to move the bookmark at all to the next chapter. I can still tap and hold the bookmark itself to move it from verse to verse.
jroylance

Post by jroylance »

Just got this from support

To update your bookmark, open the bookmarks list and tap on the button to the right of the bookmark (looks like a refresh button; a circular arrow).
kathiebates

Post by kathiebates »

After the update of gospel library I can no longer open it in my iPad
punkquokka

Post by punkquokka »

I can't open mine either this morning after it has updated. I get the screen with the logo for a while and then that closes and I'm back at the home screen. If I double click, I can see that the app is open but frozen. All I can do is close the app (Swiping up).
SmithLX

Post by SmithLX »

I'm have exactly the same problem trying to open the app since I updated to 4.0. I've trying restarting my iPad but nothing seems to help.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kathiebates wrote:After the update of gospel library I can no longer open it in my iPad
punkquokka wrote:I can't open mine either this morning after it has updated. I get the screen with the logo for a while and then that closes and I'm back at the home screen. If I double click, I can see that the app is open but frozen. All I can do is close the app (Swiping up).
SmithLX wrote:I'm have exactly the same problem trying to open the app since I updated to 4.0. I've trying restarting my iPad but nothing seems to help.
If Gospel Library 4 (iOS) is crashing when you try to open it, see this thread: Crashes on startup
There's an update being tested that will hopefully fix the crash.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hotrodgrandma3

Post by hotrodgrandma3 »

I was also having the same problems with moving my bookmark to a new verse or chapter. In this process I found 2 issues: #1- I followed the steps given in the answer from support by tapping on the "refresh" arrow icon on the right side of the listed bookmark. It did add a new bookmark symbol by the chosen verse, HOWEVER, it did not change the bookmark title. It still had it listed as being for the previous saved bookmark verse. #2- When I first was trying to figure out how to move my bookmark, I added a bookmark for the new verse. Once I read how to change the bookmark to the new verse, I deleted the new bookmark because I planned on simply updated the previous bookmark to the new verse. Well, the bookmark I deleted is no longer on the list, HOWEVER the bookmark symbol is still by the verse. RESULTS SUMMARY: 1- I now have 1 bookmark listed and know how to change it to a new verse or chapter; 2- However, I now have 3 different gold bookmark symbols by 3 different verses of which only one is actually bookmarked. They are: A- the original bookmarked verse when was changed; B- the moved/changed bookmarked verse (from the original bookmarked verse), which is the one I want; and C- the added bookmarked verse which was deleted from the listed bookmarks (see #2 above). I hope this helps the team and also hope you are soon able to fix this.
hebgengirl

Post by hebgengirl »

jroylance wrote:Just got this from support

To update your bookmark, open the bookmarks list and tap on the button to the right of the bookmark (looks like a refresh button; a circular arrow).
THANK YOU!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”