Crashes on startup

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
gpbaynes

Crashes on startup

Post by gpbaynes »

Just loaded version 4.0.0 to my ipad2; now crashes on startup every time. Any thoughts/suggestions?
missmargaret58

Re: Crashes on startup

Post by missmargaret58 »

Having the same issue. On both my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini 2 (iOS 10.2 on both), after hanging for a while when I try to open it, the app disappears as the active screen leaving me at the screen where the app icon lives on my devices. If I double-press the home button to bring up open apps it appears to be one of my open apps, but if I go to it I can't access controls or get a response to taps in the apps or to the devices' home buttons. After a while Gospel Library then disappears from view again, leaving me at the last screen before I entered the app, though it's still in the background if I double-press the home button again at this point. On my iPhone 5, the screen which appears in the app is the beginning of a talk by Sister Oscarson, and on my iPad Mini 2 it's the "Library" screen. Those are possibly the last screens used in the app on the respective devices, as I know that's true for the iPad Mini 2. :(
olpind

Post by olpind »

Having the same issue on my ipad 2. Deleting and reinstalling didn't help.
missmargaret58

Post by missmargaret58 »

olpind wrote:Having the same issue on my ipad 2. Deleting and reinstalling didn't help.
Deleting and reinstalling eventually resolved the problems for me on both my devices, but the App Store crashed for a while when I was trying to do that, so I wasn't sure whether the new iOS 10.2 was buggy, if the problem was with Gospel Library itself, or if something else was wrong. Turns out video gamers broke the App Store while trying to download Super Mario Run, which got released today. :roll: Had to download a number of optional items since logging into my LDS account downloaded things like my bookmarks, but nothing in the Conference section, for instance.
stanleygorman

Post by stanleygorman »

I have also loaded version 4. It crashes on startup. I am using an iPad Air 2. Any suggestions please. Does the same on iPad 4.
ron.moody

Post by ron.moody »

Having same issue on iPad mini. Was working fine earlier this week.
lytlebobijean1

Post by lytlebobijean1 »

I can't get past the Angel Moroni.
dianalitster

Post by dianalitster »

Crashes over and over. Deleted app and reloaded...no success.
aherbst9

Post by aherbst9 »

The new Gospel Library 4 crashes on iPads with IOS 9.3.5. The splash screen appears for about 5 seconds then crashes back to the icon screen. Version 4 works on the iPhone with IOS 10.2 and with Android 4.2.2. You are going to have a lot of unhappy iPad users!
benspendlove

Post by benspendlove »

Same issue on both an iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Both running iOS 9.3.5. I hope there's a resolution for this soon, or a way to downgrade to the previous version.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”