Percent Declared by Bishop (Tithing Settlement)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bcapsley1

Percent Declared by Bishop (Tithing Settlement)

Post by bcapsley1 »

I am a Bishop in the middle of tithing settlement. I try to meet with as many of my ward members as I can, but I always have to make the annual declaration for a large number of the members. The percentage declared by the Bishop is shown on the "Declaration Summary" report. How is this statistic used? Is budget allocation (or anything else) tied to it? Is there any incentive for trying to get as many members as possible to declare their own status?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Percent Declared by Bishop (Tithing Settlement)

Post by russellhltn »

bcapsley1 wrote:Is budget allocation (or anything else) tied to it?
I've never heard of budget or anything else tied to that numbers. My guess is that like many statistics, unless the number is very far out of range from other units, nothing will become of it. "0%" may cause a phone call as to what your secret is. <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”