Webpage reloads every time I visit?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
offrhode92

Webpage reloads every time I visit?

Post by offrhode92 »

Every time I open LDS.org, doesn't matter if it's the home page, or jumping straight into scriptures, donations, etc from bookmarks, the page always refreshes itself a few seconds after fully loading. Only happens in Safari.

MacBook Pro, OSX 10.12.2, Safari 10.0.2.

Anyone know what might cause this?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Webpage reloads every time I visit?

Post by Mikerowaved »

It used to happen to me regularly in both Firefox and Chrome, but stopped a while ago. Hopefully they will fix it for Safari soon too.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SpigarelliSJ
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by SpigarelliSJ »

This problem isn't even on our radar. In other words, we did not attempt to fix Firefox or Chrome but we're glad it's working for you.

Does this problem happen in an incognito window? Are their browser extensions installed? Does it happen on another Mac?
offrhode92

Post by offrhode92 »

SpigarelliSJ wrote:This problem isn't even on our radar. In other words, we did not attempt to fix Firefox or Chrome but we're glad it's working for you.

Does this problem happen in an incognito window? Are their browser extensions installed? Does it happen on another Mac?

Good call! Disabled KaBlock ad blocker and that seems to have stopped it. So I guess I'll just live with it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

offrhode92 wrote:Disabled KaBlock ad blocker and that seems to have stopped it. So I guess I'll just live with it.
Can you disable the ab blocker for certain pages or domains? You might want to disable ad blocking on lds.org since they'll never serve ads anyway.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
offrhode92

Post by offrhode92 »

russellhltn wrote:
offrhode92 wrote:Disabled KaBlock ad blocker and that seems to have stopped it. So I guess I'll just live with it.
Can you disable the ab blocker for certain pages or domains? You might want to disable ad blocking on lds.org since they'll never serve ads anyway.
It doesn't seem to have site-specific settings. I'll send feedback to the developers. It's less annoying now that I know what causes it.

Return to “Main Church Website”