Can't "call" Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
thebundok

Can't "call" Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance

Post by thebundok »

I am our Ward Clerk. We just released our previous Financial Clerk and I'm trying to input the new one however when I go to the callings list the only option available to me in LCR is "Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership". The Stake Clerk can't see how to add him either. I haven't had an opportunity yet to try in MLS as I'm out of town and won't be back until after the new year.

The member is a Melchizedek Priesthood holder and High Priest, so there shouldn't be an issue in that regard.

Any help would be appreciated.
Biggles

Re: Can't "call" Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance

Post by Biggles »

Are you using the individual members record, to the enter the calling?

If I remember correctly, in LCR it is necessary to use the Organisations tab, to enter the calling.

MLS no longer permits calling entries, in any shape or form.

Keep us posted on the outcome!
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

So simple...

I actually never knew you could add a calling in that manner, so thank you very much for pointing it out! Now my only problem is trying to do it remotely since it requires two person approval. >.<
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

thebundok wrote:So simple...

I actually never knew you could add a calling in that manner, so thank you very much for pointing it out! Now my only problem is trying to do it remotely since it requires two person approval. >.<
No worries, I only found out about that method recently.
Unfortunately, as we have found, needing 2 appropriate persons, is a necessary evil for everyone's protection.
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

Yeah, it's understandable. I just wish they'd allow for two-person remote authorization. e.g. One person initiates the call and it's not approved until another signs in and confirms it.

At least that's how it's done with most two-party financial executions from a banking perspective. I sent in a feedback request to allow for such, maybe it'll be implemented some day. :)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I wouldn't have thought that it was too difficult to implement as the Financial Audit uses a similar authentification process to sign off, with the Bishop, Auditor etc., sometimes having to sign in at different times.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”