Class roll for Teaching the Savior's Way

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jsnauvoo

Class roll for Teaching the Savior's Way

Post by jsnauvoo »

Hello. With the new class rolling out, I would like to set up up class roll for 2nd and 3rd hours that would be seperate of each other. With LCR are we able to create custom class names? This will allow the Sunday School to track attendance, and follow up with attendees.

Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Class roll for Teaching the Savior's Way

Post by lajackson »

I suppose you could, but it is not a Sunday School class. It is a Teacher Council Meeting. As with any other council meetings, such as the priesthood executive committee or the ward council, I guess you could take attendance.

LCR will allow you to set up custom lists. Of course, it does not allow you to actually record attendance in LCR. This is no different from any other group defined in LCR. You would print out the list and then manually record who attends.
JDavies

Post by JDavies »

lajackson wrote:I LCR will allow you to set up custom lists.
Where/how can we do this? I'm specifically looking to add an 'Organization' for a YSA course during Sunday School, so I can assign students to that class (Organization) and create a Class Roll for attendance.

Thanks

LCR Add Organization, Custom Sunday School Roll
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JDavies wrote:
Where/how can we do this?
Although it would not be accurate technically, I would just set up a class under Sunday School and add students to it.
JDavies

Post by JDavies »

lajackson wrote:
JDavies wrote:
Where/how can we do this?
I would just set up a class under Sunday School and add students to it.
Yes, that's what I'm asking. Where/how can this be done? I don't see any links to do this within LCR. Could you provide specific steps? I'm Sunday School President, but I realize I may not have permissions to do this and would have to ask someone else.
Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 12.59.20 PM.png
(111.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JDavies wrote:I'm Sunday School President, but I realize I may not have permissions to do this and would have to ask someone else.
According to the Access Table, you do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JDavies wrote:Yes, that's what I'm asking. Where/how can this be done? I don't see any links to do this within LCR. Could you provide specific steps?
There are two options. First, you can add one of the pre-defined extra classes like Gospel Principles or Temple Preparation. To do that you click on the little pencil icon to the right of the Sunday School title in the screen shot you included.

If you don't want one of those classes then you have to split another class. For example, you could split the Gospel Doctrine class and then assign just the YSA to that class. To split a class you must first view the class by clicking on the appropriate link in you screen shot. Then click on the pencil icon to the right of the class name and then select the Split Class link.
JDavies

Post by JDavies »

JDavies wrote:Yes, that's what I'm asking. Where/how can this be done? I don't see any links to do this within LCR. Could you provide specific steps?
eblood66 wrote:...you could split the Gospel Doctrine class and then assign just the YSA to that class. To split a class you must first view the class by clicking on the appropriate link in you screen shot. Then click on the pencil icon to the right of the class name and then select the Split Class link.
THIS! Perfect. That's what I needed to know. Thank you!
bryanwilliams

Post by bryanwilliams »

This is a great idea, but splitting the class (or renaming one of the others) for TTSW means when you assign members to the new class, they are removed from Gospel Doctrine.

We really need a solution that supports the new program without breaking the current programs. Is there a place to submit feature requests?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bryanwilliams wrote:Is there a place to submit feature requests?
Use the feedback link found inside the LCR webpages.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”