Official tax receipts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
deantieleman

Official tax receipts

Post by deantieleman »

I have a member who is being audited by the Canadian federal government. They require an official Church tax receipt from 2014. How can I obtain one?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Official tax receipts

Post by lajackson »

deantieleman wrote:I have a member who is being audited by the Canadian federal government. They require an official Church tax receipt from 2014. How can I obtain one?
You might still have it in MLS, as I think the Canadian financial data retention period is longer than three years. If not, contact your area office for instructions. As you already know, Canadian tax statements require a special form.
deantieleman

Post by deantieleman »

What I have on MLS is not an "official" tax receipt. It's just a statement. That's my problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Go into the tithing settlement area of MLS and try to print a prior year.
deantieleman

Post by deantieleman »

I already did that, but the government wants the official tax receipt. The one I print out in January after tithing settlement is complete.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Based on my test install:

From the toolbar in ward MLS program: Finance > Finance Reports > Donor Statements.

Set Fiscal Year to 2014.
Set Type of Report to Official Tax Statements (Canada)

Does that work?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”