Two Factor Authentication Not Ready for Prime Time

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bpanike

Two Factor Authentication Not Ready for Prime Time

Post by bpanike »

Just some feedback after experimenting with two factor authentication. First when you enable it, there is a warning that it is not supported in all Church applications, it is true. When I enabled it I quickly lost the ability to sync my LDS Tools app (android) and sync my annotations in the Gospel Library app (android). My logins no longer worked on both apps. A login on Google Chrome would not work either, I had to use Firefox to get a prompt for my authentication code so I could get in to disable the feature. I am glad the Church is moving towards better security, but it looks like this feature still needs some work.
MHO is a word.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Two Factor Authentication Not Ready for Prime Time

Post by sbradshaw »

I use two-factor identification on my LDS Account and haven't had the problems you mention. It may be that things were just taking time to get in sync.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johncburr90

Re: Two Factor Authentication Not Ready for Prime Time

Post by johncburr90 »

I'm having a different problem. Whenever I get to the verify step, I wait for a new code, type it in, and immediately get told that my session has expired. I'm eager to use this feature. I use Google authenticator for lots of other sites and appreciate the sense of security. I think there may still be a few minor bugs left, though.

Return to “Church Account”