Married to nonmember versions of themselves

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
maxyhouse

Married to nonmember versions of themselves

Post by maxyhouse »

I have a household where the husband and wife are married to nonmember versions of themselves. Essentially, it was not recorded correctly. Each of them have a spouse that is correctly named, with the correct date of birth, etc. but they are not linked to each other. How do I divorce them from their nonmember versions of themselves and get them married to each other?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Married to nonmember versions of themselves

Post by russellhltn »

I'd use "Send a message" in MLS to ask CHQ to fix it. Otherwise you'd end up recording a divorce in their history.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maxyhouse

Post by maxyhouse »

Ok, I have to do that from MLS? No option from LDS.org?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

maxyhouse wrote:Ok, I have to do that from MLS? No option from LDS.org?
You can also contact Local Unit Support by phone or email.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:You can also contact Local Unit Support by phone or email.
You could do it that way. I'd prefer the "Send a message" in MLS as you can attach it to one of the member's record in question. That minimizes the possibility of confusion or engaging in a long email chain about "who". I still remember my experience from many years ago when it seemed like LUS was skilled at answering a question other than the one being asked. :| It was far better to call them then to try to engage in a email dialog trying to explain what I wanted.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”