second acct needed

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
071150Pat

second acct needed

Post by 071150Pat »

I need to set up a second account with my same e-mail address as I am doing research for someone else and do not want to link their tree to mine, but it keeps saying I already exit, how do I do it?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: second acct needed

Post by jdlessley »

If you are doing research for another person, or member, then you can do that without creating another LDS Account. What you should be doing is using the "Help Others" link on the far right of the menu bar after you are signed on FamilySearch Family Tree. You will need the other person's Username and their Helper Number. More information is available about the Helper Number by clicking the "What's this?" link to the right of the Helper Number title.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Re: second acct needed

Post by drepouille »

071150Pat wrote:I need to set up a second account with my same e-mail address as I am doing research for someone else and do not want to link their tree to mine, but it keeps saying I already exit, how do I do it?
Please remember that Family Tree is a single tree. There is no such thing as your tree or my tree. The only records you can see that I cannot see are the records for living people that you have created. I can see and change the records for every deceased person you have created in Family Tree, and vice versa.
I also agree with jdlessley that you should be using the "Help Others" feature, so you can help other folks manage records for their living relatives.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Church Account”