Need to know how to break up one tithing donation to multiples

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rvalentine32

Need to know how to break up one tithing donation to multiples

Post by rvalentine32 »

In September we received tithes and offerings from one member, but we later discovered the tithes and offerings were for FOUR different people, and it had been combined. I'm wondering if there's a way to break up the tithes and offerings within MLS to FOUR SEPARATE entries for four people in the family. Please let me know, and thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need to know how to break up one tithing donation to multiples

Post by russellhltn »

I seem to recall there's a way to take a single line of funds (such as a check) and split it into multiple "slips". I'm sure someone else will have the details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Russell is correct. Open the batch for the donation and at the bottom of the donation slip is a button to add another slip. The first donor slip can contain all the checks and cash. Each succeeding slip for more donors are added by clicking the add another slip button. Complete the donation categories for the second donor and then click the add another slip to proceed to the next donor. The donations for each donor added will be included in, or subtracted from, the checks and cash totals recorded in the first donor slip.

Once all the donor slips have been added the total of all donor categories should equal the total amount entered on the first donor's checks and cash. As each donor slip is added you can watch the total available amount at the bottom of the page decline until it reaches zero, or goes negative if the total donor categories exceeds the total checks and cash.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jmarsut

Post by jmarsut »

I tried doing this but the new slip and delete slip buttons are greyed out and do not work.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jmarsut wrote:I tried doing this but the new slip and delete slip buttons are greyed out and do not work.
Contact the GSC to have them make the adjustments.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”