New membership record file??

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
luvmy8dz-p40

New membership record file??

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

I just performed the Send/Receive changes and one of the changes i received was alone on a page with no explanation at all. It said: "New membership record file from Church Headquarters created". I have no idea what that means. Any ideas??:confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just guessing, did you recently enter a convert baptism or create a child of record? That might just be conformation that the record is now official (Has a CHQ number instead of a temporary.). It's not a move in since it's already there.

Someone else probably knows.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

luvmy8dz wrote:I just performed the Send/Receive changes and one of the changes i received was alone on a page with no explanation at all. It said: "New membership record file from Church Headquarters created". I have no idea what that means. Any ideas??:confused:
Guess one. You just upgraded to MLS 2.9.0.
Guess two. You (or someone else) requested a unit refresh.
1historian-p40

Post by 1historian-p40 »

I go with guess #2.we updated today but got that blank update 3 weeks ago. Our area office needs to send it again now that weve updated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

1historian wrote:I go with guess #2.we updated today but got that blank update 3 weeks ago. Our area office needs to send it again now that weve updated.
You will get an update automatically with the 2.9.0 upgrade. You do not have to request it.
vroberts-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by vroberts-p40 »

luvmy8dz wrote:I just performed the Send/Receive changes and one of the changes i received was alone on a page with no explanation at all. It said: "New membership record file from Church Headquarters created". I have no idea what that means. Any ideas??:confused:
A new membership file is just a refresh of your ward records. It updates any missing information you may have in your MLS to match headquarters information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

vroberts wrote:A new membership file is just a refresh of your ward records. It updates any missing information you may have in your MLS to match headquarters information.
Just a suggestion: it would help avoid confusion if MLS used consistent language. Thus if this is indeed the response to the MLS feature "Request Unit Refresh Data", it should probably say something like "New membership record file from Church Headquarters created in response to request for refresh of unit data" or simply "Unit membership data refreshed by Church Headquarters."
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:Just a suggestion: it would help avoid confusion if MLS used consistent language. Thus if this is indeed the response to the MLS feature "Request Unit Refresh Data", it should probably say something like "New membership record file from Church Headquarters created in response to request for refresh of unit data" or simply "Unit membership data refreshed by Church Headquarters."
So, you think we should actually know what is happening? Just kidding. Actually, I agree 100%.

[Alan_Brown: Moved other new topic to a new thread]

Return to “Membership Help”