Bishopric Counselor can't access membership information

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
rbballard

Bishopric Counselor can't access membership information

Post by rbballard »

I am a Stake Executive Secretary and also help with stake technology. A recently called bishopric counselor cannot access membership information in LDS Tools on iPhone 6. He has all privileges on LDS.org in LCR, and is in the correct calling - not a custom calling. He has logged out and then back in to LDS Tools, done numerous syncs. Has uninstalled, then reinstalled LDS Tools, all with no success. His screen in LDS Tools looks like that of a member who is not in a leadership calling. Under an individual, there is no "Membership Information" drop down item.

Any suggestions?
SJMayer

Re: Bishopric Counselor can't access membership information

Post by SJMayer »

rbballard wrote:I am a Stake Executive Secretary and also help with stake technology. A recently called bishopric counselor cannot access membership information in LDS Tools on iPhone 6. He has all privileges on LDS.org in LCR, and is in the correct calling - not a custom calling. He has logged out and then back in to LDS Tools, done numerous syncs. Has uninstalled, then reinstalled LDS Tools, all with no success. His screen in LDS Tools looks like that of a member who is not in a leadership calling. Under an individual, there is no "Membership Information" drop down item.

Any suggestions?
I am having the same issue on an iPad mini and I am only the Membership Clerk and my ipad mini is a first generation
I too have uninstalled and reinstalled LDS Tools as well as reset my ipad back to default settings and that did not help
My dad who was in the Bishopric before he got called as the High Priest Group Leader could see all Membership information that I used to be able to see
Pretty much all I can see now is home teaching and visiting teaching I cant see any other membership related information related to my calling as membership clerk but could see information related to membership prior to an lds tools update
Could it have something to do with having an old ipad mini and not an updated one
Any help would be much appreciated
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SJMayer wrote:My dad who was in the Bishopric before he got called as the High Priest Group Leader could see all Membership information that I used to be able to see
Did he do a sync today? I'm wondering if there's been a change and new syncs are more restrictive.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

russellhltn wrote:
SJMayer wrote:My dad who was in the Bishopric before he got called as the High Priest Group Leader could see all Membership information that I used to be able to see
Did he do a sync today? I'm wondering if there's been a change and new syncs are more restrictive.
My Dad's iPad and LDS Tools works fine I was just using that as an example to the fact that myself as membership clerk has lost all access to membership information on LDS Tools even though my calling is correct on Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org

I used to be able to see membership information but I cant now
now I can only view home and visiting teaching but on Leader and Clerk Resources I can view membership information that I cant view on LDS Tools
also could there be a conflict between Leader and Clerk Resources and MLS in terms of having two different accounts could that be the issue that is not allowing me to see membership information on LDS Tools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SJMayer wrote:My Dad's iPad and LDS Tools works fine I was just using that as an example to the fact that myself as membership clerk has lost all access to membership information on LDS Tools even though my calling is correct on Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org
Understood. But I've been hearing some significant concerns about LDS Tools in regards to security. So I'm wondering if there's been an unannounced change in what's synced. Now that your know your dad's unit works OK, what happens if he syncs? If it becomes restricted, then we know it's something in the sync. If it's in the sync, you can uninstall/reinstall/resync all you want - it won't be solved.
SJMayer wrote:also could there be a conflict between Leader and Clerk Resources and MLS in terms of having two different accounts
No. No relationship at all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SJMayer

Post by SJMayer »

russellhltn wrote:
SJMayer wrote:My Dad's iPad and LDS Tools works fine I was just using that as an example to the fact that myself as membership clerk has lost all access to membership information on LDS Tools even though my calling is correct on Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org
Understood. But I've been hearing some significant concerns about LDS Tools in regards to security. So I'm wondering if there's been an unannounced change in what's synced. Now that your know your dad's unit works OK, what happens if he syncs? If it becomes restricted, then we know it's something in the sync. If it's in the sync, you can uninstall/reinstall/resync all you want - it won't be solved.
SJMayer wrote:also could there be a conflict between Leader and Clerk Resources and MLS in terms of having two different accounts
No. No relationship at all.
will it ever be fixed? because that access really helps in doing the calling of membership clerk
is there a way I can find out what is synced for membership clerk in regards to membership information that I am supposed to see and not see?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

SJMayer wrote:will it ever be fixed? because that access really helps in doing the calling of membership clerk
At this point, it's pure speculation. We won't know what the situation is until someone tells us. It's not unusual for things to happen and we're told after the fact.

SJMayer wrote:is there a way I can find out what is synced for membership clerk in regards to membership information that I am supposed to see and not see?
Stick around. If my wild speculation is correct, we'll be hearing more complaints very shortly.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”