Multi-Window Support - Gospel Library Windows 10

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

scythe3742

Multi-Window Support - Gospel Library Windows 10

Post by scythe3742 »

One thing I've found very useful is using multiple windows when studying gospel topics. For example, I like to have an institute manual on half my screen and the scriptures on the other, or the Book of Mormon lesson on half my screen, with the scriptures on the other during Sunday School. Currently I am doing this by having the beta installed and opening the standard version and beta version at the same time. This allows me to gain a greater understanding of the topic I'm studying because I can quickly and easily switch between conference talks, lesson manuals, and scriptures. It feels more natural and similar to what I would be doing with paper scriptures. The existing tab functionality doesn't give me the same ease of use. Its great for smartphones with small screens, but when I have 12" to 24" of screen real estate, I would like to see multiple sources on the screen at the same time.

There are a few issues with this as the content has to be downloaded twice and there are issues with syncing annotations (sometimes I annotate in the beta version and it either doesn't show up at all in the regular version, or it may take hours before it is seen in the regular version).

I would like to see the ability to open multiple instances added to the new Windows 10 universal Gospel Library Preview. I understand there are a ton of basic features that still need to be added to get this version caught up. I'm hoping that by the time the current Gospel Library Preview becomes the default/main version, that we can open multiple instances. Attached is a screenshot of the setup I like to use.
Attachments
Gospel Library - multi window.JPG
(580.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ToManyLetters

Re: Multi-Window Support - Gospel Library Windows 10

Post by ToManyLetters »

Multiple window support is already planned. The feature was briefly included in Gospel Library for Windows Beta, but made the app incredibly unstable. Further, feature requests for Gospel Library for Windows should be submitted to our UserVoice page so that we can cut down on redundant requests like this one. You can visit this request at the UserVoice page via the link below and can show it your support by voting for it.

https://ldswin.uservoice.com/forums/236 ... ow-support
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
scythe3742

Post by scythe3742 »

Perfect. I was looking for a feedback site like the one you linked, but couldn't find an appropriate one. I ended up settling with a post here. Thanks for the response.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Glad to be helpful for you. If you have other ideas for features, be sure to do a quick search at UserVoice to see if someone else has already suggested it (or something similar, to which you can add additional insights via a comment). If it's a new idea, feel free to create a new feature suggestion so that others can comment and show their support for the idea.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”