Keeps saying my login is incorrect even when I have just recovered it

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nicoleannswain

Keeps saying my login is incorrect even when I have just recovered it

Post by nicoleannswain »

Hello!! For months now familysearch.org has not let me log in through the family search portal, the only way I can get on is by clicking the "log in with lds.org" option. There are other websites I would like to use, like grandmas pie and relative finder etc which do not have the option of logging in through lds.org that I cannot get on. It is frustrating because I cannot count how many times I have tried resetting my password or recovering my username in hopes Ive been making some mistake. It always says my username is correct and my new password has been set and yet when I try to log in it still says it is incorrect. Please help! I dont know what else to do at this point.
Thank you !!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Keeps saying my login is incorrect even when I have just recovered it

Post by russellhltn »

In the past, I've found that I have to wait awhile before a new password starts working in all the places it should.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”