Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
emickelson

Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Post by emickelson »

Why would a member of the Relief Society be receiving email notifications from the Elders Quorum- i.e. upcoming events, lessons, etc. Is there a way to stop these notifications from being sent to members who are NOT a member of the organization.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member receiving incorrect email notifications

Post by russellhltn »

emickelson wrote:Why would a member of the Relief Society be receiving email notifications from the Elders Quorum- i.e. upcoming events, lessons, etc. Is there a way to stop these notifications from being sent to members who are NOT a member of the organization.
I'm guessing they're getting notifications from the calendar. The calendar system has absolutely no "clue" as to what "Relief Society" or "Elder's Quorum" is or who belongs to it. It's just labels.

It's up to the member to adjust the calendar subscriptions and notifications to suit their needs. There is nothing anyone else can do other then to help the member make those changes.

The only other way I can think of is someone is sending a message. In that case, you need to go back to that person and have them find a more suitable method.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe her email address is set as the household email, and her husband's email address isn't filled in, so when the elders quorum president sends a message to all the elders, it goes to the household email?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
emickelson

Post by emickelson »

The member is a single lady, no husband...so she is the "head of household"
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

emickelson wrote:The member is a single lady, no husband...so she is the "head of household"
Her household may be "assigned" to the elders quorum and receiving messages they send about quorum activities to which she may be invited.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Her household may be "assigned" to the elders quorum and receiving messages they send about quorum activities to which she may be invited.
Is there a send a message function based on HT? That's the first I've heard about that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Is there a send a message function based on HT? That's the first I've heard about that.
I don't know, but it would not be based on HT. It would be based on something similar to a class assignment where some single adults are assigned to the EQ and others are assigned to the HP group.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Is there a send a message function based on HT? That's the first I've heard about that.
I don't know, but it would not be based on HT. It would be based on something similar to a class assignment where some single adults are assigned to the EQ and others are assigned to the HP group.
I don't think the system will allow a single sister to be assigned as a member of a PH quorum. So unless something will email based on HT assignments, I can't see how a messaging function for Priesthood will end up going to a single sister.

Return to “Church Account”