Donation History Not Showing for Multiple Wards

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
bpredd

Donation History Not Showing for Multiple Wards

Post by bpredd »

I am in Canada.
I have made tithing donations manually to the bishoprics (not online) in more than one ward in 2016. When I login to view my donation history this year, I only see the donations history showing for the donations made to the unit where my membership currently resides - not donations made in other units. How may I see a combined donation history for all of my donations, no matter the unit, for the 2016 year?

What sort of connection do I need to have the other wards where I have donated make on my membership to have all of my donations link into my online donation history?

Please advise.

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Donation History Not Showing for Multiple Wards

Post by eblood66 »

Most likely the other wards did not correctly link your donations to your membership record. You'll need to contact each ward and ask them to make sure your donor record has your membership number entered. Once they have made that connection the donations should show up in your history.
bpredd

Post by bpredd »

@eblood66

Could you help spell out the instructions or steps the other ward clerks will need to follow - I'd like to arm them with as much info as I can when calling to ask them to update my donor record ... as I assume this "out of unit donor" situation may be lesser known .....
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I'm afraid I don't have a live installation of MLS available right now to provide exact steps. However, I can say the this currently has to be done on the ward computer in MLS using the Finance > Add/Update Donors menu option. If they entered you as an out-of-unit member then they can probably just edit your record and enter the MRN. If they entered you as a non-member then they might be able to change the type and add the MRN but I'm not sure if that works. They may have to add a new out-of-unit member record for you first and then merge the non-member record into it. There are Add and Merge Donors buttons respectively to handle each of those actions.

Return to “Online Donations”