lds account for my wife

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hahn

lds account for my wife

Post by hahn »

as all personal information (f.e.pat.bless.) can be accessed for me only, we tried to enter a separate lds account for my wife. however, the system will not allow us to do so. how can my wife register?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: lds account for my wife

Post by russellhltn »

hahn wrote:as all personal information (f.e.pat.bless.) can be accessed for me only, we tried to enter a separate lds account for my wife. however, the system will not allow us to do so. how can my wife register?
Where are you getting stuck? The system allows non-members to register. I assume you're getting stuck with entering the MRN. The most common problem is either the MRN is incorrect, or there's a forgotten account that already exists with that MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hahn

Post by hahn »

we are both lds members. when entering my wife's mrn and birth date, the system blocked with the message: account already exists (? unknown to us) - is only one account per couple possible? then how can my wife access her petsonal information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hahn wrote:account already exists (? unknown to us)
It happens frequently. It was probably created to access something else like FamilySearch. Perhaps signed up in some ward push and then forgotten about.

At the login page, use the "forgot username" link and use the MRN option to recover the username. Once that's done, you can do the same to reset the password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hahn wrote:is only one account per couple possible?
No. You each need to have your own account. Following the instructions in the previous post will allow your wife to recover her account and reset it.
hahn

Post by hahn »

sorry to have bothered you with this question. problem is solvd! thank you anyway!
hahn

Post by hahn »

thank you very much for your knd assistance and explanations!

Return to “Church Account”