Two Factor Authentication

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bpanike

Two Factor Authentication

Post by bpanike »

Will the Church consider two factor authentication for login in the future? I personally use it where I can and use a third party authenticator. This seems especially important for unit leaders who have access to a great deal of private information via their login.
MHO is a word.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Two Factor Authentication

Post by russellhltn »

They already do in certain citations. A code is sent to your mobile number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, on the left you will see an option "Two-Step Verification." You can choose to receive a verification code by text, or through an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:If you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, on the left you will see an option "Two-Step Verification." You can choose to receive a verification code by text, or through an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy).
This is not available for all accounts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:If you go to LDSAccount.LDS.org, on the left you will see an option "Two-Step Verification." You can choose to receive a verification code by text, or through an authenticator app (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy).
I saw that at one time, but when I went back to respond to this thread, it was gone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bpanike

Post by bpanike »

Thanks, I did not know that was there, I will enable it. I did check, the option was there on my account, it may have to do with your calling.
MHO is a word.
skiddlyarcus

Post by skiddlyarcus »

Kudos to whoever enabled the two step auth - you (all) deserve a raise!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I just saw a new notice on the LDS Account sign-in page that two-step authentication is now available. I assume that means that it's now available for all users!
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

From: https://ldsaccount.lds.org/help/twoStepVerification
"To improve security for all Church applications, like Online Donations and Ward Directory, check the box to “Enable Two-Step Verification to all Church applications”.
Without this selected, only LDS Account and a few applications that require Two-Step Verification will use this additional security measure.
Note: Some Church applications are not configured to handle Two-Step Verification at this time."

Does anyone have more information on this?
What applications will require two-step verification if I leave the defaults? What applications will not work if I enable "require for all"?
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
pices777

Re: Two Factor Authentication issue

Post by pices777 »

I can't scan the code I need for my third party indicator on my new phone to access my account who would I talk talk to in my ward? :geek:

Return to “Church Account”