What can a Ward Webmaster do?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mevans

What can a Ward Webmaster do?

Post by mevans »

Is there any description of the permissions for the ward webmaster calling? There are plenty of mentions of the calling in the forum, but I haven't found any specific list of permissions granted by the calling. LCR has a nice Access Table, but that just pertains to LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What can a Ward Webmaster do?

Post by russellhltn »

Going from memory:

Calendar - is a default ward calendar admin.
Directory - Can upload photos. I'm not sure if they can approve them.
Lesson Schedules - admin (but that tool is going away next year).
Newsletter - Administrator.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

russellhltn wrote:Going from memory:

Calendar - is a default ward calendar admin.
Directory - Can upload photos. I'm not sure if they can approve them.
Lesson Schedules - admin (but that tool is going away next year).
Newsletter - Administrator.
Former ward webmaster here. In a way I became the church website expert for the ward. That's how I found this forum. I answered lots of website questions for members of the ward and trained presidencies how to best utilize the website.

The webmaster has access to all ward calendars, except private ones like bishop interviews. You don't have access to only the building calendar. When people would contact me for items like wedding receptions, I would add it to my ward calendar then have to call the building coordinator to change it it the building calendar itself and not on a ward calendar. Members of my YSA ward had a hard time contacting her, but she recognized my number and would usually respond pretty quick to me.

On the directory they can add, edit and approve photos for both households and individuals. One downside, people think you also have access to change directory information. If it was an email/phone number issue I would show them on their LDS tools how to change it, but addresses I would hand them the change info form and give it to the ward clerk.

Lesson schedule-I'm sad this one is going away. This was one of the best tools when people actually used it. My last two wards loved it. I just wish you could program more than one GC talk on 4th Sundays. I know lots of people didn't like it just for that reason.

Newsletters: default administrator for all newsletters. We placed both the ward weekly announcements on here as well as the RS newsletter. I'm not sure if you create a RS newsletter if the RS presidency can then have editing rights. Currently as a counselor we don't have access.

One of the best perks of this calling? Both brothers and sisters can have it. My last bishopric loved having a sister in the calling because people's pictures were actually taken and uploaded quickly versus when a brother was in the position. (I realize some of this has to do with people and not just genders).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:Is there any description of the permissions for the ward webmaster calling? There are plenty of mentions of the calling in the forum, but I haven't found any specific list of permissions granted by the calling. LCR has a nice Access Table, but that just pertains to LCR.
You'll have better success if you search for the actual calling name, which is "website administrator." Here is a topic that covers your question, particularly if you follow the links in the individual posts:
Ward website administrator calling description
winnj100

Post by winnj100 »

I am very sad that the Lesson Schedule Tool is going away next year also! Any chance to voice our concerns over the loss of such an effective tool?
So, where do we post the Excel Lesson Schedule documents for each Auxiliary? This may be a basic question. Thanks for your help!

Return to “Main Church Website”