fundraising depost

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ejacklin

fundraising depost

Post by ejacklin »

I have received about $800 for YW fundraising, mostly cash - and from non-member friends and neighbors. I need to deposit these funds into the fundraising account created in our budget. My question is, to whom do I credit the donor? I can't very well input the donation coming from the YW Prez. Any ideas? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: fundraising depost

Post by aebrown »

ejacklin wrote:I have received about $800 for YW fundraising, mostly cash - and from non-member friends and neighbors. I need to deposit these funds into the fundraising account created in our budget. My question is, to whom do I credit the donor? I can't very well input the donation coming from the YW Prez. Any ideas? Thanks.
Money from fundraising should normally go into a subcategory of Other:Authorized Member Financed Activities. See the Help Center documentation about the Other category for details.

If you know who all the donors are, you can credit the donations to them. Donations made to Other:AMFA are not considered to be charitable donations, so they won't appear on the year-end tax statement, but they will appear on YTD statements (with an asterisk that indicates they are not charitable donations).

If you don't know who the donors are, you can create a miscellaneous donor named something like "YW Fundraising".

Return to “Local Unit Finance”