Syncing my daily reading among devices

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
helvey

Syncing my daily reading among devices

Post by helvey »

I am sure this is possible but cannot figure out how to do it. I have two iPads and iPhone and I read the Scriptures on all of them. However, I often lose my place because I cannot remember which device I read most recently. With the syncing ability of Gospel Library, it seems that I should be able to sync my current place in regular reading. iBooks does it for my books I purchase and read on multiple devices, but I cannot figure out how to do it with my daily scripture reading.
bballrob

Re: Syncing my daily reading among devices

Post by bballrob »

I don't think Gospel Library has this feature.
helvey

Post by helvey »

Wow. This seems so basic compared to many of the fancier features. I assumed I just couldn't figure it out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

helvey wrote:I am sure this is possible but cannot figure out how to do it. I have two iPads and iPhone and I read the Scriptures on all of them. However, I often lose my place because I cannot remember which device I read most recently. With the syncing ability of Gospel Library, it seems that I should be able to sync my current place in regular reading. iBooks does it for my books I purchase and read on multiple devices, but I cannot figure out how to do it with my daily scripture reading.
Although the last thing you read is not synced across devices, you can create a bookmark to mark the place you left off reading. Bookmarks are indeed synced across devices. Of course, you have to remember to set the bookmark at the end of each reading session, but if you do that, you can then go to that bookmark on any other device.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It seems basic, but there has to be a cloud service tracking your reading to make it work. Cloud services cost money.

There is bookmarks. They can sync across devices, but from what I've read, that is a tad clunky.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
helvey

Post by helvey »

Thanks for the tip. I may try that. I use my devices to do a lot of other reading and have become accustom to auto synching where I left off reading.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:There is bookmarks. They can sync across devices, but from what I've read, that is a tad clunky.
Although using a bookmark does require a manual step, it's very easy to do. When I'm done reading, I just tap the bookmark icon and then long-press my "Current Reading" bookmark (or if I don't know about long pressing, I can tap the info icon to the right of my "Current Reading" bookmark and then tap Update). That's it. It takes about 5 seconds.
helvey

Post by helvey »

I just tried it and it works great. Thanks!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”