Stake YW Pres cannot access YW lists on LDS Tools and LCR_also missing drawer and 'Reports' on LDS Tools

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
chrchgrl

Stake YW Pres cannot access YW lists on LDS Tools and LCR_also missing drawer and 'Reports' on LDS Tools

Post by chrchgrl »

I was recently called as the Stake YW President and now have less access to all unit-based information now than I did when I served in the Ward YW Presidency, including my home ward. I cannot access reports, lists of unit-based Young Women, etc. either through LDS Tools or in Leader & Clerk Resources. I no longer even see 'Reports' as an option in my LDS tools and am missing the drawer icon (three lines that used to be at the top left of my screen). In Leader and Clerk resources on LDS.org, 'Young Women' is not even an option when searching organizations. I have deleted LDS Tools and reloaded; have turned my iPhone6 off and restarted, and I have signed out of both LDS Tools and LDS.org and signed back in without any effect. I have been working with the stake clerks to try to resolve the issue; however, nothing we do seems to be working. What am I missing?? Any suggestions / help would be much appreciated.

Kristi
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake YW Pres cannot access YW lists on LDS Tools and LCR_also missing drawer and 'Reports' on LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

From the LCR FAQ:

Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?

Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrchgrl

Re: Stake YW Pres cannot access YW lists on LDS Tools and LCR_also missing drawer and 'Reports' on LDS Tools

Post by chrchgrl »

Thank you for your response. While I am aware of the responsibilities and stewardship that go with my calling as Stake YW President, I appreciate your review. However, your comments neither addressed my concerns nor provided solutions to the technical issues I have been experiencing, particularly with LDS Tools. When I spoke with my Stake Clerk, and requested numbers of YW from each unit or a list of YW from each unit for planning, I was told I had access to that information online as well as through the LDS Tools app. If that is not the case, that is quite all right and I will continue to request numbers. Any thoughts on my missing drawer icon and 'Reports' on LDS Tools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chrchgrl wrote:Thank you for your response. While I am aware of the responsibilities and stewardship that go with my calling as Stake YW President, I appreciate your review. However, your comments neither addressed my concerns nor provided solutions to the technical issues I have been experiencing, particularly with LDS Tools.
I beg to differ. The information you are allowed to see is based on your calling. I've provided a direct quote that indicates that Stake YW leaders have access to very little information. Certainly far less than a ward leader would have. (It wasn't long ago that they had NO special access.)
chrchgrl wrote:When I spoke with my Stake Clerk, and requested numbers of YW from each unit or a list of YW from each unit for planning, I was told I had access to that information online as well as through the LDS Tools app.
It can take as long as 24 hours after the calling is recorded before access is granted. The computers have to hold their correlation meeting first.

We run into a number of mistaken ideas about what access specific leaders have to what information. Some people don't realize that while they have access, someone else does not. Each person has quite a different experience based on their calling. There is an Access table in LCR that gives some idea of what information you can expect to have access to.

As far as LDS Tools, because the iOS and Android versions are on different development cycles, they can get features at different times. I don't know if this is one of them or not.
chrchgrl wrote:Any thoughts on my missing drawer icon and 'Reports' on LDS Tools?
I don't know the current status. Perhaps the Tool hasn't been updated to reflect the information stake leaders have. Or perhaps the computers need to talk to each other first.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You should be able to see numbers of young women in each unit on the Unit Statistics page at Leader and Clerk Resources, but unfortunately stake auxiliary leaders aren't able to drill down to see a list of their names. I'm not sure why LDS Tools doesn't show at least the Unit Statistics under Reports for you – if you have given it a day or so after being entered into your calling on LDS.org, and then sync LDS Tools, and it still doesn't show the Reports tab, my guess is that LDS Tools just hasn't caught up with Leader and Clerk Resources for permissions.

You could try sending in-app feedback under Help > Contact Us in LDS Tools. They likely will not be able to help you see a list of the young women, but they should be able to look into why you're not seeing Unit Statistics in LDS Tools. In your feedback, make sure you're specific about being able to see the report on Leader and Clerk Resources but not seeing the same report in LDS Tools – sometimes the people who monitor feedback don't have full access to information about who should see what, and give a generic response, but if you're specific you're more likely to have it forwarded on as a bug.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm not sure why LDS Tools doesn't show at least the Unit Statistics under Reports for you – if you have given it a day or so after being entered into your calling on LDS.org, and then sync LDS Tools, and it still doesn't show the Reports tab, my guess is that LDS Tools just hasn't caught up with Leader and Clerk Resources for permissions.
LDS Tools for Android shows Unit Statistics for certain leaders. I don't know about iOS.
jenny_smith

Post by jenny_smith »

Stake YW leaders need to be able to sort and list YW by name and age for girls camp and youth conference attendance estimates. They may also need to be able to get reports on how many youth ages 14 and up are attending or eligible to attend dances. If stake leaders don't have access to names and ages, they pump Ward leaders for them which reduces ward leaders to Stake lackeys and burdens them with things the Stake ought to be able to do on its own.

It's time to stop being so restrictive with these settings that leaders can't do their jobs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There may be a "law of the land' issue here. Since these callings do not normally have direct responsibility for for these minors, their could be legal obstacles.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jenny_smith wrote:If stake leaders don't have access to names and ages, they pump Ward leaders for them which reduces ward leaders to Stake lackeys and burdens them with things the Stake ought to be able to do on its own.
Which is exactly why stake leaders are instructed to have their stake clerks provide this information. There is no need to burden ward leaders. As you have said, they have plenty to do already.

After all, the ward leaders are the ones who are responsible for the youth. Stake leaders are responsible for teaching the ward leaders how to be effective in their callings.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”