Maiden Name

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
talinde

Maiden Name

Post by talinde »

I have been married for 16 almost 17 years but somehow my maiden name keeps getting changed back to my ex-first husbands last name. The Clerk keeps changing it back to my maiden name but somehow this keeps happening. Can you tell me why I have to keep fighting to put my legal last name on my records and keep attached to my husband and children's records?

This also goes along with, every time we move my records stay behind because my name keeps changing and detaching from my husband and children. This is very frustrating. I thought everything had to be legal... but if that were true, why does my name keep changing to something that was legal for less than a year in 1995?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Maiden Name

Post by russellhltn »

talinde wrote:I have been married for 16 almost 17 years but somehow my maiden name keeps getting changed back to my ex-first husbands last name. The Clerk keeps changing it back to my maiden name but somehow this keeps happening. Can you tell me why I have to keep fighting to put my legal last name on my records and keep attached to my husband and children's records?
There are a total of 4 name fields in the records: 3 for the individual: Full legal name, Preferred, and Maiden. The clerk needs to check to see if all of those are correct. Alternatively, you can ask him for a IOS (Information and Ordnance Summery) so you can look it over.
There's also a 4th field in the Household record for the entire Household. Last I knew, the Household name doesn't transfer when the records are moved and may default to one of the name fields from the Head-of-Household.

talinde wrote:This also goes along with, every time we move my records stay behind because my name keeps changing and detaching from my husband and children. This is very frustrating. I thought everything had to be legal... but if that were true, why does my name keep changing to something that was legal for less than a year in 1995?
If your records stay behind, then that suggests you're not properly linked with your husband.

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum, so we can't see your records to see what the problem is. But send the Membership Clerk over here and we can walk him though the checks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”