Tithing Settlement Statements

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Biggles

Re: Tithing Settlement Statements

Post by Biggles »

eblood66 wrote:
lajackson wrote:With the new online system, does the bishop still have to wait until January? Or is he able to go online each evening after interviews and enter tithing status for the completed tithing settlements he has conducted?

Then all he would have to worry about in January would be those who did not attend tithing settlement.
Not having gone through it yet and not having access to that report, I can't say for certain but it sounds like they can enter declarations anytime but the Submit button isn't enabled until January. However, as catmulls was concerned about, if the bishop isn't always careful he could accidentally change an existing entry and wouldn't have a permanent record to compare against at the end.

Of course, he could do both. Use a printed record but also enter them as he goes and then just proof the results at the end. That trades time now to save time in January.
From what I've observed of the process, the Bishop can enter the individuals declaration as he goes along. Certainly cutting down time at the end of the process in January.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Biggles wrote: From what I've observed of the process, the Bishop can enter the individuals declaration as he goes along. Certainly cutting down time at the end of the process in January.
Indeed, yes. Our bishop is planning on having his tablet at his desk to enter declarations as they occur. There is no way to "undo" a declaration (though I'm sure it can be changed). Don't ask me how I know. :oops:
ashtonhsmith

Post by ashtonhsmith »

Although not properly documented, I think with the new online Tithing Settlement process we will print out the "Tithing Settlement | Tithing Declaration" Report and give it to the Bishop to fill out during Tithing Settlement. Choosing "individuals" instead of the default "Head of Household" will give the detail for the Bishop to use. This is definitely different from the old process, but seems like a suitable replacement.

I also usually print out a clear definition list of the descriptions (Full v. Part v. Non) for the Bishop to reference. One thing missing from the declaration report is "Exempt", this was a choice in the past, but is now gone.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ashtonhsmith wrote:One thing missing from the declaration report is "Exempt", this was a choice in the past, but is now gone.
Correct. Beginning this year, a member may no longer declare "Exempt" as a tithing status.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”