Copy of temple Clearance

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
msdocbs

Copy of temple Clearance

Post by msdocbs »

We are trying to be sealed. We've both received our Temple clearance. My husbands most recently, mine, years ago. When calling to set up our sealing, I was told I need the date of my clearance. Well I don't know! How do I find that out? I don't think I ever received an actual letter.. Where do I find such a thing?
Thanks
drepouille

Re: Copy of temple Clearance

Post by drepouille »

Were you and your husband sealed to previous spouses? If so, you should have received a letter cancelling your previous sealing, and approving a new sealing.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

msdocbs wrote:We are trying to be sealed. We've both received our Temple clearance. My husbands most recently, mine, years ago.
Temple recommends are valid for two years. if it has been longer than that then your recommend has expired and you will have to get another.
msdocbs wrote:When calling to set up our sealing, I was told I need the date of my clearance. Well I don't know! How do I find that out?
Your recommend is given to you on a piece of paper that folds down to a size a little smaller than that of a credit card. You can check with your ward clerk to see when your recommend expires if you cannot find your temple recommend.

Even if your recommend is current, you must present your recommend at the temple for entry. So if you can't find your temple recommend you will need to get another.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Clearance" and "recommend" are two different things. I haven't been involved with the process, but I'm a bit surprised the temple would need to see the clearance since I'd think it would be part of the membership record they could see and verify for themselves.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

msdocbs wrote:When calling to set up our sealing, I was told I need the date of my clearance.
I would first call the temple again and let them know you do not have the exact date, and ask if they are able to obtain it or if you need to find it. It used to be that you needed to take the letter to the temple with you, but that may not be the case any longer.

If the temple asks you to get the date, speak with your stake clerk or stake president. They will have to call Church headquarters and obtain that information. If the temple asks you to bring the letter, ask your stake president to request another copy from the Office of the First Presidency for you.

Return to “Reports and Forms”