Journal/Notes Entries on My Account Suddenly All Gone

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jhammond

Journal/Notes Entries on My Account Suddenly All Gone

Post by jhammond »

I've been saving talks to read for an upcoming speaking assignment in the Notes/Journal section of my lds.org account. I've just now logged into lds.org my account to review them. There are zero entries remaining! No bookmarks, etc. What has happened to them?

Could I have deleted these from my mobile device? Any way to recover them?

Thanks for any help!
~Jonathan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Journal/Notes Entries on My Account Suddenly All Gone

Post by russellhltn »

Generally, notes sync between on-line and the Gospel Library app. So it's possible that you've deleted them, but I think you'd have to be very aware of it. I don't think it's something that's easily done accidentally.

I'd double check that you are in fact logged in and that you didn't somehow make all your notes under a different account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jhammond

Post by jhammond »

Thanks for your prompt response. I don't have another account with lds.org.

Hoping it's a case of easily correctable user error or data recovery.
jdthompson@infrared

Post by jdthompson@infrared »

Same problem. I was able to see all of my notes yesterday morning (Nov 7). Today nothing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Generally, notes sync between on-line and the Gospel Library app. So it's possible that you've deleted them, but I think you'd have to be very aware of it. I don't think it's something that's easily done accidentally.

I'd double check that you are in fact logged in and that you didn't somehow make all your notes under a different account.
There seems to be a system-wide problem -- it's not a problem with any particular account. I first noticed it yesterday afternoon (7 November). Notes are all gone on LDS.org and Gospel Library gives an error whenever you try to sync.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

GOOD NEWS!

The system seems to be up now. Notes on LDS.org are now shown, and sync with the mobile Gospel Library app is working again.
jhammond

Post by jhammond »

Excellent. Thanks.
EliasonAB

Post by EliasonAB »

I am having this problem now. I use lds.org to read scriptures and make footnotes and journal entries, but the past several days, I get the message "My Study Tools are currently unavailable." What should I do?
klapplegate

Post by klapplegate »

Same problem here. I am in lds.org on Safari on my MacBook Pro.
mahubble

Post by mahubble »

Same problem here. I can see my highlights and notes on my computer, but can't add new notes. I'm logged in, and have tried rebooting, but if I try to edit or add, I get the popup, 'My Study Tools are currently unavailable". This has been the case for the past 3 days. Gospel Library seems to be working fine. It's just lds.org that's broken.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”