Update an Elder's Priest Ordination? How?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
darrickweeks@hotmail.com

Update an Elder's Priest Ordination? How?

Post by darrickweeks@hotmail.com »

One of the Elder's in our ward notified me that their Priest Ordination needs to be updated with the appropriate person who ordained him. When I go to Leadership and Clerk Resources, it says that "Aaronic Priesthood offices are not displayed for members holding the Melchizedek Priesthood.".....so how do I make this update????
eblood66

Re: Update an Elder's Priest Ordination? How?

Post by eblood66 »

You can't. You can send a message to Local Unit Support (either via an MLS message or one of the contact methods listed in the Help Center) and give them the information. However, I'm not sure if Aaronic Priesthood information is even retained once someone is ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood. But if it is, only CHQ can make changes to it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm wondering what the Elder was looking at to even know they had a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
darrickweeks@hotmail.com

This is one of our ward members, not a Missionary Elder. He was looking at LDS Tools and right below his Elder Ordination is his Priest Ordination and the date is right, but the individual ordaining him was/ is wrong. How do I change it?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

darrickweeks@hotmail.com wrote:He was looking at LDS Tools and right below his Elder Ordination is his Priest Ordination and the date is right, but the individual ordaining him was/ is wrong.
I guess that answers the question about whether the information is retained. I can see similar information for myself in LDS Tools now that I look. However, I wonder if that is an oversight in LDS Tools and whether it should be showing that information.
darrickweeks@hotmail.com wrote:How do I change it?
The answer is still the same. There is no way to make that change yourself. You'll have to contact Local Unit Support as I indicated in the previous post.
darrickweeks@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”