Complete ID Reset

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russbettridge

Complete ID Reset

Post by russbettridge »

I am a Ward Clerk, and the High Priest Group Leader has asked me to get an assistant up on LDS.Org.
His login is completely messed up.
He does not know his ID.
He does not know his password.
He does not know the E-mail address he originally created the ID using.
He has since changed E-mail addresses, probably a few times, so he would not receive a message if it were sent to what is recorded.
(He never goes into his E-mail at home anyway, and might not be able to sign into his current E-mail if I am guessing correctly. We will hope that is not the case.)

How do we go about getting his ID completely reset? Is there someone whom can assist with this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Complete ID Reset

Post by russellhltn »

At the login screen, there's a link for "forgot username". You can then use his MRN and birthdate to recover that. Same for the password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Re: Complete ID Reset

Post by kellymab »

A few years ago the LDS Account and the email listed in the ward directory were merged. When one is changed, the other changes.

I just changed my email in the ward directory and it automatically changed the email my LDS account is linked to. Check which email is listed in your ward directory, that should be the email the recovery email is sent to.

Return to “Church Account”