Mormon Tab Choir Christmas Concert Tickets

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
ivanlnelson

Mormon Tab Choir Christmas Concert Tickets

Post by ivanlnelson »

Read failure today with the distribution of these tickets.
Use of tickets.com site to distribute these seemed to be a mistake.
The site had continual errors and their error messages showed the technology the system uses:

We're sorry, we were unable to process your request. Please try again. (ID: S_tomcat_irprwebpvo3_1476547184587_106603)
From <http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase>

There was a suggestion that you MAY need to create a tickets.com account.
I did that but the Choir event did not show on their site.

Please re-evaluate this direction for distribution.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Mormon Tab Choir Christmas Concert Tickets

Post by aebrown »

ivanlnelson wrote:Read failure today with the distribution of these tickets.
Use of tickets.com site to distribute these seemed to be a mistake.
The site had continual errors and their error messages showed the technology the system uses:

We're sorry, we were unable to process your request. Please try again. (ID: S_tomcat_irprwebpvo3_1476547184587_106603)
From <http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase>

There was a suggestion that you MAY need to create a tickets.com account.
I did that but the Choir event did not show on their site.
I was able to get tickets a few seconds after 10:00am MDT this morning. There was one brief hiccup (an error that required me to start again), but then it went smoothly after that. Once I had my tickets reserved, I was encouraged to create a tickets.com account, which I did. My tickets were still reserved during the couple of minutes it took me to create the account, and then I was able to successfully "buy" the tickets (for $0.00).

I was actually pretty impressed with how the site handled what must have been a fairly heavy load right at 10:00am. The experience wasn't perfect, and I'm sorry to hear that you had significant problems with it. There are some kinks to work out, but it seems to me a promising option.
ivanlnelson wrote:Please re-evaluate this direction for distribution.
This forum is just a user-to-user support site. So we can share experiences and try to help each other, but no one in a position to make any changes is likely to see your post. For that, you should use the Feedback link found at the bottom of most pages on LDS.org.
rtharalson

Post by rtharalson »

When will the concert start being broadcast? Is there any real reason it's not shared with the whole church and community. I know the tickets are free, but on a basis of ratio's - think of the ratio of available tickets over 3 nights to the number of members within driving distance. It gets worse if you consider those that don't live in the area that would love to see it. Its so hard to get tickets and if it a free concert anyway. Just through it up on KSL, or BYUTV or the website. The camera's are rolling anyway.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rtharalson wrote:When will the concert start being broadcast? Is there any real reason it's not shared with the whole church and community.
Copyright and broadcast rights. The concert is aired on the PBS television network, usually the following year. And usually at the one-year point the complete concert is available on CD or DVD, so there may be some additional financial reasons, as well.

Segments of the concert are available at the Tabernacle Choir website, but I still have not found a way to see some parts of prior concerts I would love to get my eyes onto.
rtharalson

Post by rtharalson »

Copyright and broadcast rights is a poor reason. Its the church or bonniville which is owned by the church. Simply put, GA or First Presidency simply needs say its been exclusive TOO long. Release it. Let all enjoy it and not a select percentage of a percentage. More than just the membership want to enjoy it. How do you really get feedback up high enough in the church leadership chain. There are so many gate-keepers. Getting in is luck. Or you know someone - which is luck too.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rtharalson wrote:How do you really get feedback up high enough in the church leadership chain. There are so many gate-keepers.
Aside from the fact that Bonneville does not have control over all of the copyright and broadcast restrictions, the way to get your concern up the leadership chain is exactly that way, speak with your bishop and stake president and allow them to raise the issue through Area leaders to the general Church officers. You might also write to the Tabernacle Choir and express your desires. And since Bonneville is a corporation, you could also let them know of your wishes to be able to see their programming sooner than is currently available.
rtharalson

Post by rtharalson »

Mahalo

Return to “General Discussions”