Tithing Settlement

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
keiserj6

Tithing Settlement

Post by keiserj6 »

Someone came in for Tithing Settlement tonight and looked at their donation report and noticed that there were a lot of donations missing even though "All Sources" was selected. After some research and a review of their donations from their own lds.org login, it was determined that the donations missing from LCR were the bill pay donations. These donations were only missing from the reports printed from LCR...if the member printed a report from their own account, the bill pay donations (all donations) were present. Any ideas how to get the bill pay donations to show up on the LCR reports? To restate, "All Sources" was selected when printing from LCR. Thanks in advance for the help.
mfmohlma

Re: Tithing Settlement

Post by mfmohlma »

Sounds like it might be a bug in LCR. If you want semi-immediate feedback about this particular issue, I would contact the Global Service Center. If you're just looking for someone to look at the bug (since the member can see all of the donations in their view), file a Feedback at the bottom of the page.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It's also possible that their bill pay account wasn't set up correctly (tied to their membership record).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:It's also possible that their bill pay account wasn't set up correctly (tied to their membership record).
If that was the case, he wouldn't be able to see it in the on-line donations.

I think more likely is that he set up his bill pay back when that information wasn't being shared with the wards. This may actually be a feature, not a bug. <grin> We've had a few people who wanted to pay tithing but not let the local leaders see the amounts.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
keiserj6

Post by keiserj6 »

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure where to go from here. It's never been brought up by this member as an issue in past years. The year we switch to LCR for tithing settlement is the first time it's been an issue for them.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

keiserj6 wrote:These donations were only missing from the reports printed from LCR.
I think this may be a bug in LCR and you should report it through Feedback at LDS.org or by calling the Global Service Center.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:I think more likely is that he set up his bill pay back when that information wasn't being shared with the wards. This may actually be a feature, not a bug. <grin> We've had a few people who wanted to pay tithing but not let the local leaders see the amounts.
Yes, I'll bet you're right. I think it's been mentioned that this setting is still an option, though it's not the default anymore. Is the Global Service Center able to change that setting for a member?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Is the Global Service Center able to change that setting for a member?
Only one way to find out .... Someone will have to call them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I would check MLS. If the bill pay donations are missing from there, then I agree the member has an earlier version where the Church did not flow the information back to the local level.

Can the GSC make the switch? I think probably not, but the GSC needs to learn where to refer the questions. I think the answer will be to contact the Donations department at their email address.

And even then, I am not sure Donations will be able to retroactively make the donations viewable by the local unit. But I would be pretty sure they will be able to make future contributions flow back to the local unit and LCR.
mjkenning

Post by mjkenning »

I just got off the phone with the GCS and the engineer stated that removing donations made directly to church headquarters was a deliberate change. These donations will not be visible on printed member statements at the unit level.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”