What happened to my Fast Offerings budget?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lmariner44

What happened to my Fast Offerings budget?

Post by lmariner44 »

As of Oct. 31, my ward had $30,433.99 balance. This amount was transferred to HQ. We had a hefty balance until now. Can you please tell me why this was transferred out to HQ? Thanks.
Last edited by scgallafent on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split topic
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What happened to my Fast Offerings budget?

Post by russellhltn »

lmariner44 wrote:As of Oct. 31, my ward had $30,433.99 balance. This amount was transferred to HQ. We had a hefty balance until now. Can you please tell me why this was transferred out to HQ? Thanks.
What country are you in? In the US, all Fast Offering donations are automatically swept to HQ. Any checks written for Fast Offering assistance are automatically reimbursed. There might be a short-term balance for pending transactions, but in the long run there is no "balance".

The only way I can see you having a figure like that is:
  • You're looking at donations. (Not balance)
  • You're looking at assistance rendered. (Not balance)
  • You're on a non-standard system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Since your topic was not related to previous posts in the thread, I moved it to a new thread in accordance with the forum code of conduct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to add: As far as Fast Offering assistance, there is no rule that says a bishop must stay within any kind of budget. If the net outflow exceeds the income, it may draw some attention from above. But as long as the bishop is following the guidelines, (such as sustaining life, not lifestyle) that shouldn't be a factor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”