VT Reports / Assignments - Needs another feature

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bondimond

VT Reports / Assignments - Needs another feature

Post by bondimond »

Would it be possible to add a feature to the visiting teaching reports where we can insert the name of a person w/o records in our ward into the visiting teaching report? I would like to be able to have the option to input names of people who do not have records in our ward. We visit teach people in our neighborhood/ward boundaries that are NOT LDS but who have agreed to have visiting teachers. We also assign visiting teachers to our YSA Relief Society sisters who have moved out of the ward to go to school or who have their records in the local young adult ward. We feel that at that age (YSA), it does not hurt to double up on them and have someone from their home ward check in on them and pray for them every month. We would like to be able to add these extra people to the formal report on LDS.org. Right now, we have to keep a separate spreadsheet for visiting teaching since the lds.org version does not meet our needs.

If this is the wrong place to suggest these updates to the visiting teaching reports, then if you could direct me to another resource, that would be great!

Thanks!
eblood66

Re: VT Reports / Assignments - Needs another feature

Post by eblood66 »

You can use the Feedback link at the bottom right of any of the visiting teaching pages in LCR to provide suggestions.

However, the ability to include non-members on lists (which was available in MLS) has been removed and we've been told that it won't be added to LCR. The reason seems to be to comply with privacy policies and/or laws in various countries. So unless those privacy concerns change it seems very unlikely that adding non-members to visiting teaching, class lists or callings will supported.

You can create out-of-unit records which will allow members of other units to show up in LCR. I'm not sure if out-of-unit members can be assigned visiting teachers. We do know that they can't be assigned as visiting teachers. However, adding them as out-of-unit members will make them also show up in other lists in LCR (particularly rolls) which may not be desired.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:I'm not sure if out-of-unit members can be assigned visiting teachers.
I doubt it. Visiting Teaching would be a responsibility of the unit their membership records reside in.

Note that features are not decided on by developers. They're passed though the legal department as well as the folks that write the Handbook. If the feature doesn't match the vision of what you should be doing - it won't happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jmaea

Post by jmaea »

We have 2 sister missionaries out on missions from our ward. Every month when reporting those 2 count as not visited. I don't have the option to assign someone as their VT so that our numbers are correct. They both have HT assigned but I can not find any way to add VT to them. Do you know of any way to count them as visited or to have their names removed from our total sisters list while they are serving so that our numbers match up each month? Thanks for your time!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jmaea wrote:We have 2 sister missionaries out on missions from our ward. Every month when reporting those 2 count as not visited. I don't have the option to assign someone as their VT so that our numbers are correct. They both have HT assigned but I can not find any way to add VT to them. Do you know of any way to count them as visited or to have their names removed from our total sisters list while they are serving so that our numbers match up each month? Thanks for your time!
I believe all your questions are answered (albeit not in the way you hope) in this post and its followup post.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”