Problem with Chrome: Right side pane absent

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
david.c.osborn

Problem with Chrome: Right side pane absent

Post by david.c.osborn »

I am on an iMac (21.5", mid 2011) running the latest OSX (Sierra 10.12.1) and using the latest Chrome (54.0.2840.71 (64-bit))

There should be a pane on the right hand side of all scripture pages with the links "Listen", "Print", "Downloads", "Share", "Show/Hide Footnotes" but these links are not showing.

Example page: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/gen/1?lang=eng

I am not having this problem in Safari.

Is anybody else experiencing this?
mevans

Re: Problem with Chrome: Right side pane absent

Post by mevans »

I have the same version of Chrome, but a different OS version (El Capitan 10.11.6). I do see the pane on the right side.

Do you have any Chrome extensions installed? If so, try disabling all of them to see if that solves the problem. If you don't know how to do that, you can probably google it or come back here for help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

david.c.osborn wrote:There should be a pane on the right hand side of all scripture pages with the links "Listen", "Print", "Downloads", "Share", "Show/Hide Footnotes" but these links are not showing.

Example page: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/ot/gen/1?lang=eng

I am not having this problem in Safari.
Most pages on LDS.org, including the scriptures, use a responsive design that adapts the layout based on the screen or window size. If you make your Chrome browser window sufficiently narrow, then the links for Listen/Print/etc. will be shown at the very bottom of the page instead of on the right. Is it possible that your Chrome browser window is simply narrow enough that those links are at the bottom?
diannerobbins

Post by diannerobbins »

Similar problem with Firefox on my PC. Footnotes don't show in the right pane, regardless if show footnotes is selected. Ipad shows notes, PC does not. I do see the Share, Notes, etc. option. Revelation in Context shows. Nothing else. I guess I should download another browser, but would rather not.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

diannerobbins wrote:Similar problem with Firefox on my PC. Footnotes don't show in the right pane, regardless if show footnotes is selected. Ipad shows notes, PC does not. I do see the Share, Notes, etc. option. Revelation in Context shows. Nothing else. I guess I should download another browser, but would rather not.
Have you tried the suggestion above, to make the window wider? Another thing to check is your browser's font size – decreasing the font size may give the window room to display the pane on the right.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”