Enter Expenses - An Error Occurred

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
burgundy21

Enter Expenses - An Error Occurred

Post by burgundy21 »

Hello,

Every time anyone within my unit attempts to enter an expense in MLS, we get the message "An Error Occurred". I called support and was told that I should download the newest version of MLS to essentially overwrite the current program we have (which was already updated), but unfortunately that did not work.

The woman who assisted me also said that they could send me something if re-downloading the program didn't work, or explore other options from there.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Enter Expenses - An Error Occurred

Post by russellhltn »

burgundy21 wrote:Hello,

Every time anyone within my unit attempts to enter an expense in MLS, we get the message "An Error Occurred". I called support and was told that I should download the newest version of MLS to essentially overwrite the current program we have (which was already updated), but unfortunately that did not work.

The woman who assisted me also said that they could send me something if re-downloading the program didn't work, or explore other options from there.
Time for a follow-up phone call. The install over-top is generally something we suggest, but if that's not working, you'll need to work with CHQ for a solution. This forum is primarily user-to-user support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

burgundy21 wrote:Any assistance would be appreciated.
Download the MLS installer and install MLS over the current version.

If that does not solve the problem, call the help desk back, let them know it did not work, and ask for them to send you a new financial download. It will take them a few minutes to set it up, and you will need to do a Send/Receive or two to get it.

These two steps seem to solve most financial problems. If they do not, you are in deep territory with the help desk and I wish you well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

burgundy21 wrote:I called support and was told that I should download the newest version of MLS to essentially overwrite the current program we have (which was already updated), but unfortunately that did not work.
Just to be clear, having MLS show the same version as the download isn't enough. You have to have downloaded the full package and do a install overtop before this instruction has been complied with. It's not the new version that fixes things but some added stuff that doesn't happen if you let MLS update itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
burgundy21

Post by burgundy21 »

Thank you all, this is helpful.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”