app crashes after listening to chapters when trying to swipe

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
sludgepickle

app crashes after listening to chapters when trying to swipe

Post by sludgepickle »

After listening to a chapter or two, the app fails to auto-increment up to the next chapter. Then, when manually swiping to the next chapter, the app crashes. You have to re-open the app, and swipe again, then it works. This has been happening for several minor releases now, very surprised it hasn't been fixed. I can reproduce this every time.
tburton

Re: app crashes after listening to chapters when trying to swipe

Post by tburton »

I have the same problem - I'm on an iPhone 6+ latest iOS version - when will this be fixed it's very frustrating

Tom Burton
ljerryd

Post by ljerryd »

Same thing here. It's nearly predictable as it happens every day. Usually, I'll listen to 1 chapter, then it doesn't move on. When you touch it, it's gone. Tried closing each day when I'm done, doesn't matter. It is not phone or IOS specific as it happened before 9 and still happens on both a 5C and a 6+. The whole reason I use this is to prevent touching my phone while driving. Still have to touch! Frustrating.
tburton

Post by tburton »

Any help here - this same issue exists and it's been over 2 years since the original bug was identified.

I would be happy to contribute funds to fix the bug or mobile developers to help if needed.

Tom Burton
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you sent in-app feedback? That goes directly to the developers. If it happens while driving for both of you, my suspicion is that it has to do with the audio trying to download over the cellular network and the app getting bad signal. Have you tried pre-downloading all the audio for the book before listening, or is it just streaming? Does the same thing happen over a good wifi signal vs. on the road? Another possibility could be something to do with bluetooth speakers timing out.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
severtson

Post by severtson »

Same exact problem here with multiple iphones over the last couple years. Wish this problem would get fixed...
severtson

Post by severtson »

Perhaps I'm the last to figure it out, but I think I found the solution...simply delete the app, then go to the AppStore and re-download and install it. For kicks I decided to try that as a last resort after all these years and it seems to have fixed my problem. No more crashes! I drove all the way home from work listening to 3 consecutive conference talks without it stoping and crashing in between each one. AWESOME!!! It appear the problem comes into play when the app is restored to the phone from a iCloud or iTunes backup. Hope this solutions solves it for the rest of you having this problem as well!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”