Signing in as a non-member

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mgarowski

Signing in as a non-member

Post by mgarowski »

An individual I'm trying to help has signed up for an account (they are not LDS). He signed in and set up a username and password, but when he tries to go in to family search it is asking for his membership ID? What do we need to do to get him access?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Signing in as a non-member

Post by aebrown »

mgarowski wrote:An individual I'm trying to help has signed up for an account (they are not LDS). He signed in and set up a username and password, but when he tries to go in to family search it is asking for his membership ID? What do we need to do to get him access?
I've signed in to FamilySearch.org hundreds of times with a nonmember account, so I know it is possible. I don't know of any sign in options that would ask for the membership ID. Any LDS Account, member or nonmember, should allow access to FamilySearch.org.

The normal sign-in process is to go to FamilySearch.org, then click on the Sign In link, which takes you to the normal FamilySearch sign-in page. There you enter your username and password (which is your LDS Account username and password). If those credentials are correct, then you are taken to the FamilySearch home page.

At what step is he being asked for his membership ID? What does the message say?

Return to “Church Account”