Access Change

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Access Change

Post by zaneclark »

I was called as Stake Assistant Clerk about a year ago and one of my first assignments was to add photos to the directory for all the stake officers including the High Council and Stake Presidency. I visited their meetings, took photos, and easily added them to the directory until a few months ago when I could no longer do this. I checked the access table and it appears that no one at the stake level can now do this. Unless someone can figure out something different, it looks like my only alternative is to send the photos to the wards and ask them to post them. From past experience, I'm not too hopeful on this choice.
(Added note: I have found that I can upload photos to the stake directory of officers on LDS Tools, but as soon as I sync, they disappear...still trying to figure out that one.)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Access Change

Post by sbradshaw »

That's correct, stake leaders don't have the ability to edit membership records or add photos. Besides sending the photos to the wards, another option is for each leader to add their own photo.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:Added note: I have found that I can upload photos to the stake directory of officers on LDS Tools, but as soon as I sync, they disappear...still trying to figure out that one.
Depending on your calling, it will appear. Otherwise, I think it's waiting for the photo to be approved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
WWS36

Post by WWS36 »

I can only second what zaneclark said here. I have the same calling and same charge from my Stake President and getting wards to all respond in a timely manner is VERY frustrating. And getting the Leaders to do their own photos is a real mystery, because THEY are the ones who benefit the most by being able to see their flock that they have responsibilities for. An absolute mystery!!! I have been at this for SEVEN years now and have about half of 3500 members put in. One thing I would like to see is a requirement to have your photo on your temple recommend. I see no reason why that can't be a requirement. :D

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”